41. FREAK OUT:to become very angry, scared or excited
41.爆发:变得愤怒、恐惧或兴奋

Mum, don’t freak out! I married a guy in Las Vegas.
妈妈,别太激动!我在拉斯维加斯结婚了。

42. BE A CATCH:be someone worth marrying/having
42.值得追求的人:成为值得追求/拥有的人

John is taking me out tonight. He’s such a catch, I hope he’ll propose.
我和约翰今晚有约。他是一位值得拥有的人,希望他能向我求婚。

43. PIECE OF CAKE:when something is extremely easy to do
43.小事一桩:某事极为简单

Do you think you could beat him in a race?

-Yeah, piece of cake. I’m definitely a lot faster than him.

你觉得自己跑得过他么?

-当然了,这简直是小事一桩。我跑的肯定比他快。

44. HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD:used if something someone says, is precisely correct
44.一针见血:言论有的放矢,击中要害

My doctor hit the nail on the head. He knew exactly what was wrong with me!
主治大夫一针见血,他很清楚我哪里不舒服。

45. COSTS AN ARM AND A LEG:when something is very expensive
45.费用极高:某物极为昂贵

My son wants that mountain bike for his birthday, but it’ll cost an arm and a leg!
儿子想要一台山地车作为生日礼物,但是山地车太贵了!

46. HIT THE BOOKS:to study very hard
46.用功学习:努力学习

Do you want to go for lunch somewhere nice?

-No thanks, I’m going to hit the books. I have an exam coming up soon.

你想去吃点好的吗?

-不拉,谢谢。马上要考试了,我打算回家看书。

47. BITE OFF MORE THAN YOU CAN CHEW:to take on something that is too much for you to handle
47.好高骛远:不切实际地追求过高过远的目标

He bit off more than he could chew, and I don’t think he can handle it anymore. 
他做事有些好高骛远,我觉得他做不完这些工作。

48. WHEN PIGS FLY:this means that something will never happen
48.无稽之谈:某事永远不会发生

Aren’t you going to buy that dream house you told me about?

-Ugh, I will when pigs fly. It’s just so expensive; I don’t think it’ll happen.

你打算买上次说到的那幢心仪已久的房子吗?

-噢,这个梦想很难实现,毕竟这幢房子太贵了。

49. DON’T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER:this means don’t make a decision based on a brief impression or outward appearance
49.不要以貌取人:不要根据短暂的印象或外表做判定

I don’t like our new neighbors very much, they’re quite strange.

-Hey, you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover. Give them a chance, I think they’re just a bit quirky but really nice!

我很不喜欢这些新邻居,他们怪怪的。

-嘿,你不能以貌取人。多接触一下,相信他们只是有点奇怪并非人不友善。

50. YOU ROCK:you are great
50.你真棒:你很不错

Thanks for the tickets, Rob. You rock!
感谢你的门票,鲍勃。你真赞!

51. MISS THE BOAT: when someone has missed their opportunity to do something
51.错失良机:错过机会做某事

Have you applied for that job yet?

-No, I think I may have missed the boat. I should’ve done it last week.

你递交工作申请了么?

-没有,已经太晚了。我应该上周递交申请的。

声明:本双语文章的中文翻译系沪江英语原创内容,转载请注明出处。中文翻译仅代表译者个人观点,仅供参考。如有不妥之处,欢迎指正。